To become a trusted National Information Utility (NIU) which provides reliable, efficient and robust IT Backbone for the smooth functioning of the Goods & Services Tax regimen enabling economic agents to leverage the entire nation as One Market with minimal Indirect Tax compliance cost.
- Provide common and shared IT infrastructure and services to the Central and State Governments, Tax Payers and other stakeholders for implementation of the Goods & Services Tax (GST).
- Provide common Registration, Return and Payment services to the Tax payers.
- Partner with other agencies for creating an efficient and user-friendly GST Eco-system.
- Encourage and collaborate with GST Suvidha Providers (GSPs) to roll out GST Applications for providing simplified services to the stakeholders.
- Carry out research, study best practises and provide Training and Consultancy to the Tax authorities and other stakeholders.
- Provide efficient Backend Services to the Tax Departments of the Central and State Governments on request.
- Develop Tax Payer Profiling Utility (TPU) for Central and State Tax Administration.
- Assist Tax authorities in improving Tax compliance and transparency of Tax Administration system.
- Deliver any other services of relevance to the Central and State Governments and other stakeholders on request.